Hello all-
Just wanted some feedback-
I have the above engine- the outside painted orange-
The engine is complete- and very clean- I begin taking off some components to evaluate the engine/prep for overhaul. I am not familiar with the service history other than it belonged to my cousin(I inherited from him when he passed away last year) and he was a perfectionist(other than the orange paint)
well as I tear into it- everything is spotless on the inside- the pushrods- the cylinders- it has good compression- so I am thinking of just putting it back together with fresh seals and assembly lube and then cleaning and repainting it the correct grey color that the 216 would be in the pickup- (pickup is a 49 btw)
Just wanted to get some feedback- this is my first restoration as well as my first chevrolet pickup of this era.
Thanks,
Sam




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton