The Holley/Webber works very well. I had one on my 235 too. I got a boost in torque, power, and a little extra revs on the top end too, with that simple little carb.
Bad news is, no one makes the jets anymore. This carb used to be the old Ford Pinto carb. The good news is, they're only brass, and can easily be soldered closed, and then use the drill bit of your choice to open them back up. I believe I got my tiny drill bits from Home Depot. I modified my primary and secondary jet until I got it to run good in Colorado's altitude.
Langdons parts are very good quality, and he is willing to help if you call him. But you have some figuring out to do anyway. Make sure to get his linkage kit too. And then, once you have the linkage in place, weld it. Don't trust the nuts to keep things tight. They'll come loose on you.
I'll see if I can find any pics of mine and e-mail them to you if you have an e-mail address you can shoot to me.