I would like to post a warning regarding the TCI Mustang 11 front end. This is the situation with my truck, may not be the same for everyone but I think it would be. The reason I went for this frontend in the first place was because it was being done at home and I did not want to sart remounting the front sheet metal. My truck has a TCI premium (welds are dressed back) mustang 11 suspension supplied by them thru a dealer here in Oz . Kit came with Heidts instructions??. Suspension was installed fairly straight forward operation. Modifications are needed to be made to the inner fenders for clearance around the shocker tower again no problem. I also removed the inner fender to firewall braces/struts whatever they are called, by making body adjusters that are fixed from the chassis to the lower radiator support to inner fender bolts, making the engine bay cleaner. I was not overly impressed with the handing so I ordered a swaybar to suit. This did not fit on my frontend as there was no integral mounting for the sway bar, on questioning TCI why this is so the answer was " you must have an early frontend just weld on some mounts ". I was not impressed with this as I had spent quite a large sum of money getting this unit to australia. So until recently still had no swaybar and the handling is crap. So I ordered some polished stainless steel upper and lower control arms again thru same dealer and again thru TCI. Theory being a fresh shiny update and a swaybar that fits.
How wrong could I be!! After installing the lower control arms which is a pain with the ball joints as you are aware. lo and behold my wheelbase has been shortened 20mm #$%@%^&* whats with that??? also swaybar does not fit as it hits the lower reinforcing plate of the shocker #$%^%^&* again what's with that ???
On further investigation TCI sold me a universal stainless steel kit which maybe ok on your belly button hotrods i.e red 32 roadsters and the like but not on trucks with there supplied swaybar.
So at the moment I have very expensive garage wallpaper in the form of polished stainless steel control arms. I am out of pocket upto $2000.00+ and what do I get from TCI NOTHING, NO RESPONSE to EMAILS only the sound of silence
BUYER BEWARE