| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (tclederman, 68ironhead, Pre '68 Dave, Jon G, 3B, GMCJammer51, DuckRancher, Peggy M, 1 invisible),
134
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,245 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#40409 10/01/2002 8:42 PM | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 | I orginally posted this on "Chevy Talk" and was also recommended to this site. I have a 1955 Chevy 3200 with a 235 that is leaking oil, but in an odd way. No oil leaks out when the engine isn't running... when the engine first starts up no leaks either, but after about 20-30 seconds or so a steady drip of oil starts to appear from the hole of the pan under the bellhousing. This will continue while the engine is running. When the engine is stopped, oil gushes out from the hole for a few seconds, then stops completely. I have heard that it maybe the rear main seal leaking, but I wanted to find out for sure. If it is, are there ways to fix it without having to pull the entire motor, or even pull the oil pan off? I just joined this forum and would love any feedback that anyone has to offer. Thanks!
Neil 1955 Chevy 3200
| | |
| |
| |