Thanks guys, great info, what would I do without ya!
I am 90% certain that I have 5.14 original equipment in this thing. I hope to finish slice and dice on the bed in the next couple of daze.
Then I can look at rear ends. The engine is going from a 235 to a 292, so the 40 hp increase (135 to 175 (maybe - used motor - but runs)) ought to make the difference. I don't think I will be hauling any huge loads with this - probably go to a flatbed, maybe try to find one of those 3.73 rears. Although, 4.11 is a decent option too. I have already had one of the axle shafts out of it, so I know that's no big.
In fact, the nice thing about this truck is that everything is 'no big'. Unlike my previous techno showboat - 90 Mark VII with supercharger, where I had to unbolt the blower just to get to the plugs.
Today I slapped some 0-rust on the bumper, grill, and other bits (white).
So whaddyer think? Paint the wheels red, black, or white to go with red cab?