My 1 ton had a thin mahogany plywood made into door panels, by the time I got it they had gotten wet one to many times and started to fall apart, in fact they are still falling apart..

Have not done it yet, but my plan is to use brown canvas Micarta sheet, about 1/16" thick. Micarta is a composite made of layers of cloth and a phenolic resin, often used as an electrical insulator, sometimes for gears, like a cam gear, and knife makers like it for handles.

I would like to put the original type metal edging on it, is that something I can buy, and who sells it?

Grigg

Last edited by Grigg; 04/10/2008 5:17 AM.

•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-