I wrote (emailed ) Dynamat & here is their response::
> I am able to pull MOST of it off using lots of muscle, supported at key
> "sticky points" by a putty knife, but it has been a bear of a job. I am
> down to just a few fragments, some of which still have the metal facing
> on them, and some that have only the gooey black residue.
>
> I checked the Dynmat website, thinking they might have posted in their
> FAQ how you remove this stuff when necessary, but they did not.
> I tried a bit of heat from a good, controllable heat gun, but while it
> helped in a few cases, in more cases it enocuraged the black compound to
> simply begin softening and sticking harder.
> I have not tried solvent yet, as I don't want solvent residue leaking
> down into crevices, from which it could emerge during painting.
> Has anyone out there had any experience removing this stuff? What is the
> easiest and least-residue-left method?
> By the way, this stuff weighs about half a pound per square feet, and I
> figure I removed about 40 to 45 square feet of it - the trash bag was heavy!
>
> Respond here
>
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/389175#Post389175 > <
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/389175>
[color:#FF0000]Large scale removal is very rare. Why are you taking so much material out? We
typically recommend a putty knife or scraper along with slight heat. The bulk of
the removal comes via elbow grease. The residue that remains can be removed with
a degreasing product - even something like WD40.
Thank you for your interest in B-Quiet. If you have any further questions,
please let us know.
Regards,
Wade
--
B-Quiet Sound Deadening Materials
http://www.b-quiet.com/
877-7-B-QUIET (877-727-8438)[/color]