I did my TF Suburban alone. Like everyone says here: Jack up body rear with a jack and install jack stands on wood blocks, or Red58's beam deal. Should take front clip off first. (way-way easier and lighter and you can see whats happening) Set front stands just in front of step. Take off all tires (don't have to raise body so high) Unbolt body and let frame down with jack on pumpkin and front middle. Steer with both jacks. When you get the rear drums near front stands, raise jacks, frame will contact body again and raise it a little, move front jacks to behind drums (strong spot). let frame down, continue rolling out. Hopefully you have calculated the correct height so that your home built wooden dolly with harbor freight wheels will roll back under, make it longish for the panel. let body down, front-rear, front-rear until down. Put tires back on chassis. Now you can roll both around. If you are changing engines, like I did, make sure you measure firewall to some places on frame so you know your new engine will not hit. If you install engine without body on, you will need this. I also added modern axles and 4X4. Jim Carter is the only place I found new body mounts for panel/Sub.(very nice people)There are 10 body bolts. Inspect carefully for cracks in frame at riveted eng/trans cross members. I wish I would have powder coated frame instead of rattle can black. I will never be cheap on that again! I'm writing a "book" on the whole process with pix.
Last edited by bartamos; 03/29/2008 9:05 PM.