| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 | There's much in the archives on bleeding brakes but nothing that addresses my specific question.
Trying to bleed the brakes on a '51 3100. I've completely overhauled the master cylinder and rear wheels (honed the MC and put a kit in it. New shoes, drums, 1 new WC, 1 WC kit on rear wheels). I have a shop manual and have followed the steps for adjusting the brakes following a rebuild.
When I push on the brake pedal, I can pump it a hundred times and I get no resistance. I have the left rear bleeder screw opened into a hose which goes into a jar with fluid in it, but nothing is going through the hose.
Absolutely no pressure or resistance in the MC makes me wonder if I've over-honed it, but the new rubber cups seem to fit really snugly in the cylinder.
If I take the filler cap off the MC and gently pump the pedal, I can see a little turbulence in the fluid, meaning something is moving down there. The cap has a vent hole in it, so I'm having to hold my finger over it when pumping.
Does anybody have any idea what I can troubleshoot next?
DJ '51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/17/2008 6:20 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Laurence | 03/17/2008 6:37 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/17/2008 7:27 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Laurence | 03/17/2008 7:46 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Fla54Chevy3100 | 03/17/2008 7:46 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| butch iowa | 03/17/2008 7:58 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/17/2008 8:16 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| truckernix | 03/17/2008 8:46 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| butch iowa | 03/17/2008 8:57 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/17/2008 9:18 PM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/18/2008 1:16 AM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Laurence | 03/18/2008 2:37 AM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| Ol' Red | 03/18/2008 2:48 AM |
Re: Bleeding brakes, but no pressure
| sixtyfive c-10 | 03/18/2008 4:54 AM | |
| |
| |