Welcome to the Bolt, Michael.
Perhaps you already knew that the "L" means your engine is a 1953, in 52' the "D" meant it was in a Series 5000 truck (I don't know about 53') and the "A" signifies a regular engine, I believe, built at the Flint plant.
Your mounting bolt questions can probably be answered by you if you look at the 1929-1957 Chevy Master Parts and Accessories Catalog put online by Keith Hardy.
Look at the index for the site if you get a chance, it is an amazing amount of free information.
Here is a head start for you looking at the catalog.
Engine Mount Illustrations: look thru several pages.
http://chevy.tocmp.com/1929_57chevyparts/57cmpc0128.htmList of Mounting Bolts and Sizes: Again several pages of info.
http://chevy.tocmp.com/1929_57chevyparts/57cmpc0125.htmIf someone doesn't answer soon, I bet you could "Search" the stovebolt site for
"Engine color" and find some info about your other question.
Hope this helps.