| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 | Welcome to da Bolt! I did the same thing you are contemplating for the same reason, cost. I had it shortned and it fits good to me. I took the saddle & drag link to a local shop & had the work done (I think they only charged me $50). After shortening the drag link, he welded a sleeve over the cut for added strength. Mounting the saddle was a bit challenging because it appears that he may have taken out a bit more than 1 1/2" but I just used a grinder to make it fit flush. If you plan on using a a V8 you wont be able to use the factory mounts as the engine will sit too low. I had some custom mounts fabricated but you could also modify them with blocks to raise it up. Do a search here for Joe Way. I came across some of his old posts where he did this awap.There were a couple of articles that helped me. Steve Andereggen Jr. has good info as well as this one and by Jon C Peters. You can also search this site. I know that SW Radical, & Joe Way have also gone this route.
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | |
Entire Thread
|
bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 02/28/2008 5:37 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| rico_bob | 02/28/2008 7:02 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 02/28/2008 8:11 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 02/28/2008 8:57 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 02/28/2008 9:26 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 02/28/2008 9:27 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 02/28/2008 11:40 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| david dyehouse | 02/29/2008 12:37 AM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 02/29/2008 5:33 AM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| Mobileortho | 02/29/2008 6:38 AM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| 49chevyman | 03/02/2008 2:48 AM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| Dave's Custom '54 | 03/07/2008 9:42 AM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| fireout1 | 03/07/2008 3:53 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| gripitdoes | 03/08/2008 10:21 PM |
Re: bolt on IFS , anyone try this ?
| SW_Radial | 03/07/2008 4:46 PM | |
| |
| |