Originally Posted by Czechman
.......contradicts the instructions that comes with the very products I'm being told to use.
but this is insane.
BINGO. When all else fails read and follow the instructions. The manufacturers spend a lot of money to determine the best way to use their product. A lot of folks here, though well meaning, give advise that is incorrect. I've discovered a few times that what I thought was gospel was wrong. I know how "I" would treat pitted metal. I know how I've done it in the past. You may not be using the same products I used and most assuredly you're not treating the same metal I did so the "best" method I know of is to follow the instructions given by the maker of the treatment product you're using.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.