There are some that claim to have had success by dribbling penetrating oil on the guide while working the rocker manually. I didn't have any luck trying that & ended up pulling the head & doing a "sorta" valve job. I didn't grind the valves but did lap them before putting the head back on. I had to drive all my intake valves out then used a rifle bore brush with Chemtool to clean the guides & wire brushed the carbon out of the chamber as well as off of the pistons. I cleaned and lapped all of the valves & guides. BTW don't use your original gas tank to run your truck until it's been pulled & completely cleaned. It's the old gas varnishing your intake valves that sticks them shut. It's also a good idea to pull the fuel lines and fuel pump & clean or replace them too. BTW welcome to the 'bolt. grin


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.