Phil,
I'm a Brit Stovebolter, IMHO you might find it cheaper to take a trip to the States to buy a truck and ship it back rather than buy in the UK where they tend to be quite expensive as they are fairly rare.

I imported a truck a few years ago from Pennylvania via Oklahoma. Some pictures of the truck are on my website (URL in my signature. My brother bought back his '36 truck from Texas after seeing an Advert on this site. Be aware though that the UK import duty is much higher on trucks and cars made after 1949, so it might be better to buy an earlier Stovebolt.

If you feel you have to have a right hand drive stovebolt, buy one from Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, I looked into doing this, but most of these trucks seem to have had a very hard life, I don't find that the fact my truck is LHD is a real problem on UK roads.

Good luck with your search.


Last edited by Stuart_Giles; 01/23/2008 10:30 AM.