Don:
I’m just wondering how useless the two outside mirrors really are. I know that most of my buddies when first driving my late model Ranger which has a cap with dark windows complain about not being able to see s__t out the back. However after a few hundred miles they seem very comfortable using just the outside mirrors and even the very small glued on convex mirrors that let you see close to the side of the truck. Not being critical but just suggesting that you may get used to them.
Kip -- They aren't totally useless of course. Also, I am pretty much in the habit of turning my head back anyway when changing lanes - the same as I do on the Harley. Even though the crappy plastic FLAPS thing I have mounted to the center of the front headliner garnish molding, at the present time, does give me added visibility though, and believe me I can use all I can get these days. I suppose if I were ever to show it I would simply unscrew the single clutch head screw holding the mirror in place and remove it.
Now realize that the peep mirrors are only about 3" to 4" round mirrors with quite a bit of reflective coating showing the ravages of age. I do have these great rectangular mirrors with the "Images are closer than you thought...." small ones mounted beneath on my F-250. These are great and I have no problems at all if the center mirror has an obstruction so understand your comment about the tinted windows and such.
Don