It it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! I pulled the governor and tried the drill test, it was a little flakey so I took it apart and cleaned it up. Did the drill test again and that work ok. I left the cover off so I could turn the shaft as I instaled it just to see how it engaged the drive gear. It went all the way in and never caught any thing, just a clicking sound at the very bottom. So i got a mirror and light and looked down the governor hole. The drive gear teeth are ground off at that spot! Does the speedodometer & governor use the same drive gear? My speedo works good. I guess I'll just put a toggle switch in for now and maybe someday find a part and fix it. I'm not pulling that tranny again for a while. Thanks for all your help!