Ok, well we are making some progress although we had about 30 tornados here one week and now down to 14 degrees this morning so winter is back! Over the last couple of weeks I replaced the clutch/pressure plate with another new one and that solved my vibration issue. I then swapped the whole 2/3 gear clutch sleeve from my old tranny to the OD one and now it shifts real good. I got the pull cable installed, the relay mounted and wired up and the kickdown swith mounted on the carb and wired. However it now appears that the governer is not working. So the saga continues. I verified that I have 12V to the governer and then I hooked up a test light. Have the rear end on jack stands and even at 50 MPH the light doen't come on so the governer switch is not completing the ground path. I took the cover off and ran the truck, but the brass looking weights in the governer don't turn at low speed as I expected they would. Should they spin all the time, or just when its above 30 MPH?