Hi Guys,
Yesterday I drove my '62 on the freeway from Modesto, to Fairfield, and was wondering what you guys thought of how the 235 engine performed.
I ran the engine up to 80mph on 205 + I5, but 55-65mph on hwy99 + hwy12.

The 55-65mph was from 2500-2800rpms, and 75-80mph was 3300-3500rpms.
The needle climbed up to 195 running along at 75-80mph going up I5 over the Sacrmento river, but was running at 165-170 degrees running along at 55-65mph.

When running at 70-80mph for a bit, (running the hottest temp), she would take forever to run up the RPM's. I think it's time to replace the ol'235 + the 3 speed manual with something else in her. :confused:

It took a half a tank of gas for the 87 mile trip up to Fairfield, and it took a quarter of a tank on the way back (I took hwy12 all the way to hwy99 then to home). The oil level was full, same with the coolant before leaving Fairfield. You guys think the ol'235 did ok on the 174 mile trip? :confused:
TIA,
David


My truck don't leak oil, it just marks its teritory.