Originally Posted by Shoe
Grigg: You might have to go into business making those shims! They look pretty thick, what degree are they?

Can I stack shims, or do I need to get one the correct thickness?

The shims I made were really for pinion angle adjustment, 6.5 degree and about 3/4" on the thick end and 1/4" on the thin. They also adapted a spring center bolt head diameter of 1/2" to the 3/4" hole in the spring perches.

Shims, like lift blocks, should not be stacked.
Be sure you have enough of the spring center bolt head in the axle to hold it in place.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-