In addition to my 54 Chevy with the tweaked inline, I also have a 64 straight axle, short bed FoMoCo that I thought would be neat with a 460+ Lincoln. The install was a challenge but that baby will haul buggy. I put a lot of time and money into getting it set up just right! Issues such as cooling the beast, steering, boxing the frame, brakes and suspension upgrades to make the truck safe and dependable on the road, were a real challenge. It is a hoot to drive, BB power is awesome. The problem is that it sits in my shop, under a cover and I find myself driving my more economical and showable 54 with the 235. It gets a good deal more attention at the shows, is more fun to "drive" and it doesn't cost me a dollar a mile to operate. I doubt seriously that the BBC will be a whole lot more economical but once the thrill of endless burnouts wears out, you'll wish you'd chosen another path.
Now understand, I'm just speaking for myself....you may be able to justify the time to solve all the problems of a physically large engine in a relatively small space. You may find that the pure thrill of awesome torque is just your cup of tea! In my case, after a year, the thrill had worn off and reality had set in.....I had created a hungry monster that took a bit out of my wallet every time I cranked her up!!!
I'm sure there are folks out there who will disagree....but I think a person should be made aware that BB power may not be all it's cut out to be.
Dave