Would it be a realistic goal to try and put a 454 into my 61? I found yet another guy to trade a motor with. He has a 1983 454 and th400 out of a dually that runs good and is complete.

Am I going to have to do a bunch of custom fabrication to make this happen? If all I needed was some custom motor mounts then I could live with that.

Has anyone done a big block swap into a half ton?

I am curious cause this is a good deal and a big block would be fun. It would make my truck into a weekend toy but I can handle that cause I don't drive it during the week anyways.

Is this a frivolous endeavor? I am apprehensive cause I think it would be a lot more work than a small block but if it is feasible then I would like to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine