Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,255 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 | Bill,
Although I have never installed bed wood & strips, I know you can not "avoid metal to wood contact."
And yes you're right, I'm starting to "worry about it" because I can't figure it out and I'm probably doing something wrong.
I know the 2 edges/"feet", touch the wood. That's not the problem.
In addition to the two edges/"feet",
I'm trying to understand why the flat area (appx. 3/4") on the bottom of the bed strip is not resting on the wood?
It seems to me, without this extra support, the two edges/feet will act like a chisel and work its way into the wood until it bottoms out, splitting the wood.
-Tom
1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 12/11/2007 4:46 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| coach-frank | 12/11/2007 5:13 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| 46forme | 12/12/2007 1:04 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Achipmunk | 12/12/2007 4:48 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| LONGBOX55 | 12/13/2007 9:38 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 12/13/2007 9:52 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Mar-Ktech | 01/04/2008 7:32 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 01/05/2008 3:19 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Achipmunk | 01/05/2008 4:32 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Flxible | 01/05/2008 5:24 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Achipmunk | 01/05/2008 5:29 AM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 01/05/2008 9:53 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Flxible | 01/05/2008 10:00 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 01/06/2008 6:31 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Flxible | 01/06/2008 7:08 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Mar-Ktech | 01/07/2008 4:56 PM |
Re: Satin, Semi-Gloss, or Gloss
| Oilrag | 01/08/2008 1:04 AM | |
| |