Rounding off the edges on the wood makes sense to me too and I will be sure to do that. Cause I don't want to re-do the bed in a year or two. It's taking long enough now!

What about the bottom/underside of the metal strips? I'm
concerned that the bottom of the metal strips could crack the finish? It looks like the two outer edges on the bottom side of the metal bed strip is going to dig into the wood no matter what you do.

I have cut the deeper groove in the wood to accept the strip. On the top side of the bed the strip is just slightly higher than the wood and fits real nice.

Now, looking at the underside of the bed, the metal strip two outside edges is resting/digging in the wood. The center of the strip, which is higher (where the bolt, washer, & nut are) is not resting on the wood.

Should the center area on the bottom of the metal strip also rest on the wood or just the two outside edges?


-Tom

1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235