Originally Posted by atomarc
Peteskey,

Is the truck 12 volt...or is the radio 6 volt...are they the same operating voltage.

Stuart
My thoughts exactally. If the voltages are the same, I would wire it on it's own fused circut. years ago I wired a small fuse block into a older truck just to run accesories, these older trucks wiring harnesses/ignition switches were not desinged to run todays accesories. I powered the block off a switch/relay so I could shut it off when not in use, ( no draw on the battery) also if the radio has memory you will need a separate fused constant power ( usually the yellow wire on the radio) If you only plan on running the radio a simple circut should be fine. ANY feed wire shoule be fused as close to the feed source as posible IE battery, ignition switch, etc, un fused wires are how fires start! some people and manufactures use fusable links ( a sm pice of sacrifical wire usually 2 gauges smaller than the circut that acts like a fuse) Hope this helps

Last edited by rust master; 12/26/2007 11:10 PM.

1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER