The 52 service manual specifies brake fluid to be used as a lubricant when pressing the rubber bushing holding the driveshaft center support bearing into the housing.
I followed the instructions for that procedure, and it works.
Something to do with it not lasting that long, and the bushing will remain tight in the housing, where it may not with other types of lubricants?
I don't have much experience with the silicone fluid, but what I have seen is that it's not a good idea for old vehicles. It could be if you could get all new rubber parts that are silicone compatible, but that's not the case yet. Without good rubber parts the Silicone is great at finding and creating leaks.
Personally I will use stainless steel sleeved cylinders, and regular brake fluid. Depending on the vehicle and it's use I would even consider sending new never used cast iron cylinders off to be sleeved.
Grigg