Good to be back in Stovebolt Land!!!

I picked up another truck, a 1964 GMC Long Wideside. This one has a 283 in it. The old Rochester 4 bbl Q-Jet is pretty hammered. I soaked it then took it apart. The secondary throttle plates were rusted in place...not good. Before I sink more time and money into it, I got to wondering if the Holley 500 cfm 2 barrel carb would be a good match for the V8. I'm running the Holley on my other GMC with the 305 V6 and am very pleased with the results. Anybody out there know what the Q-Jet flowed? Is 500 cfm enough or too much for the 283? Any other suggestions for a resonable carb for this thing? The engine is stock, as near as I can tell.

Thanks in Advance!!!


Scott

1964 GMC 1002 Long Wideside w/305E V6 & sm420 "Blue Jeans"
1996 Harley Davidson FLHTCI
1981 Husky 250CR
http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc1002hf5669a