Punkin swap from 55. 55 to 63 I believe will work. Perches came off the same rearend or get them at tractor trailor supply when you buy new u-bolts (old ones cross the spring parallel to the rear end.
I chose this option as I kept original wheels, bolt pattern (6), axles, rear housing, brakes, etc. I changed to a T6 at the same time and had drive shaft made.
No yoke option I know of for swapping to a closed differential tranny tail. Might as well rab the tranny from the donor as well.
With stock 1954 235, 3:90 gears, 215/85/16's, and .73 OD gearong, I calculate 2219 rpm @ 70 mph.
and at 1:1 in 4th should turn 3040rpm @ 70 mph.
Send me a PM if you want pictures of the swap process or look at stepenwoods old truck sight.
Cavebull




cavebull
Stovebolts - so easy even a Cavebull can do it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodsonbrett/collections