I had my share of kerosene heater as well as the other types using probane. I finally bought (off eBay ) a new forced hot air unit of about 150 btu's fired by gas. I simply tapped into my line at the house and plumbed the line to my garage some 30 feet away from my home with cooper tubing with valves in the house and at the wall enterning the garage. I also instaled a thermostate to regulate the temperature. Its a two car cinder block garage with an over head lift so the ceilings are high. I use two ceiling fans to circulate the hot air that rises. It was the best investment I made and zero odor as the burned air is vented outside as in your home. This was important to me because I spent several hours at a time in the garage. The kerosene heaters are just plain dangerous with the smell of the burned fuel. The ceiling fans also work well in the summer to ventilate the hot air from the ceilings. The unit was new and cost only around 350.00, money well spent for a warm ans safe garage.