Spareparts, I am sorry to hear about the birds.

Everyone thanks for your input. A carbon monoxide detecter seems like a must have. One thing I have read is that a propane heater around 40,000 BTU or higher will run better and longer off of a 40 lb tank. One convection model is rated 30k to 80K and another mfg's is rated 40K-80K. They will not run at 80K with a 20 lb tank. I'm not sure I want to spring for a 40 lb tank or have it take up space. We visited a kersosene shop and I doubt the 23K convection type will heat my garage fast enough, which even makes me wonder about propane convection at 40K. I'm sort of leaning towards a 35-55K forced air propane and running it off of a 20 lb cylinder. That or 40K kersene torpedo. Probably either way, I'd run it for 10 minutes before I want to start work and then turn it off while I'm working. Wall and ceiling mounts are nice, but I'm hoping to move to house with a bigger shiop, etc and can't see making the investment here. Sort of wondering what size heaters people are running off of 20lb tanks and how well it works?

Thanks,

Last edited by 57_StepSide; 12/07/2007 5:01 PM. Reason: fix typos

Eric
http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/sparky234/library/My%2057%20Chevy%20Stepside?sort=3&page=1
'57 Chevy 3100 (Little Red)
'81 RD350 LC - Fun, Fun, Fun
'83 GS1100E - Pocket Rocket