First post for me and I want to start off bragging on all the sharp guys that contribute information to this amazing site. I have learned A LOT.

I have a 53 3600 that I want to modify the frame in back to fit the shorter 1/2 ton bed. My truck came with no bed, only a cab, front sheet metal, and frame. I have already transfered running gear from a 78 Chevy 1/2 ton C10 truck, including the bolt in front suspension. I realize the increased track width is going to force me to use wheels with custom backspacing, but I had planned on dropping the truck and using custom steelies anyway.

My question is how much do I need to shorten the frame behind the cab ? I know what the wheel base differences are, but have also read somewhere that the rear end on the AD was not centered in the rear fenders stock. Not having a bed for it now (trying to save up the $), I do not have anything to reference off of. I would like to have the rear wheels centered in the fenders. If someone can tell me how much to cut out, I could go ahead and get that work done so I can cut down a driveshaft to fit my newly rebuilt 292/700R4. Any help will be appreciated.


Kevin
http://community.webshots.com/user/49chevyman?vhost=community
"The only people who do not make mistakes, are people who do not do anything."