I've pretty much got my cab stripped down and it looks pretty nasty just looking at the rust and hafassed repair work by the PO. Beyond that I'm seeing something that could indicate something a bit more serious. Things don't quite look like they are where they belong.

For instance the steering column is not in the center of either the dash or the firewall.
PHOTO 1
PHOTO 2
PHOTO 3

Also, the clutch and brake pedal arms are rubbing against the top of the holes in the floorboard which would appear to be symtomatic of the body mount failure causing the cab to "sink"
PHOTO 1
PHOTO 2

I know I'm in for a lot of work but before I get started I'd appreciate any advice/observations/help of any kind that you might care to share. This truck has had more than its fair share of abuse from those who have owned it before me but it's in my hands now and I intend to restore its dignity... The doctor is in.

If you want to see the whole sordid mess, the pictures are HERE You can click the SLIDESHOW button in the upper right corner of the screen if you like to speed things up.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection