Holy Old Thread goodness, Batman!

I was referring to this thread for the newer one, and I see that I stopped following it for some reason before it died. So, to begin updating... grin

Originally Posted by gazim
Well Bren, if you ever get enough miles on it to tell how the oil performs let us know. That might take about 10 years to check outand you would have to tell my daughter( I'm checking out bout that time. :p
So Far, So Good, Gazim!

Originally Posted by Fumblin46
First time I bought it, was from Auto Zone.. I don't think they regularly carry it, but somebody had ordered a few cases of it and never came to get it so they put it out on the shelf.
[nods]

Makes sense. My FLAPS had some 20w20 that had the same story. They had only two quarts left, though, so I had to keep looking.

Originally Posted by Fumblin46
I forget the brand name, but it had cartoonish drawings of a couple old cars and a truck on the label.

My local farm store sells the stuff in big like two gallon jugs.. but if you don't see it on the shelf, always ask.. most places that carry that kind of stuff can order it if you want it.. they just don't normally stock some things unless there is a demand.
I can order whatever I want from my flaps, but I have to buy a case (not that I won't use it...)

Originally Posted by On the road again
Watch out for the newest generation Rotella T oils, already on the shelves in some stores!
They DO NOT have sufficient ZDDP levels any longer!

Make sure you get a rating earlier than the new CJ ratings.
My local part stores still carries the earlier CF rating on the shelves.
(the second letter shows the generation A,B,C,D,.... J is the newest and no longer has ZDDP)
Good to know. The stuff I picked up was Rotella T 15w40, and it was API-SL, ILSAC GF3, and CF or CG on the diesel end of things (can't remember). I will be sure to keep an eye out for that next time.

Originally Posted by On the road again
I use Rotella T SAE40 all summer for the long hot freeway trips and SAE30 the rest of the year.
You can start easily with SAE30 around the freezing point - especially with older engines.
Also good to know. smile

Originally Posted by Mr.Giant
Brendan,What oil pres did you have before the Rotella 15-40 and after you put the 15-40 in your 216 ? Thanks Don
I had about 5-15 before, and 10-20 now. It depends upon if I'm sitting at an idle, or the pedal to the metal. My Drain Plug has stopped dripping on my floor, too, so that's good.


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.