Grub and Dave, thank you for the reply, it appears the unit as a whole is moving on the shaft, I can't move it on or off by hand but I can move it around by hand. I'll remove the radiator and fan etc and take a look at it. I have another engine in the shed with the balancer on it...could I take that one and see how tight it is? Or would it be just a waste of time?

I did a search for this issue on here and read that a letter "w" bit is the correct size for a 7/16-20 thread.

I am very surprised this happened...but then again the mech that built this engine has not always been totally honest with me on other projects

Thank you again for the reply.



'41 Chevy G7107
'42 International M-3L-4
'44 stude US6
'50 GMC 250
'53 Chevy 6400


God bless our military, radical dictators and the ignorant people who follow them for enabling the USA to build these fine machines.

Travis Weedman