I also wanted to mention that I have seen 3 conversions that got better mileage by far than 350s or 454s. These had Cadillac engines in them. One was a 500 and the other two were 472 engines. I may have also seen a 425 in another one? Just a thought, maybe not a bad one. The crew cab went from 11 mpg with the 350 to 17 with the 472. Same tranny and etc. After all they are built and cammed for major torque. One of these conversions was in a 4X4 with a lift kit. Anybody seen one of these conversions. Any other oddities you have seen in Chevy pick up or other brand X ? My brother had a pick up that had a rebuilt Buick 455 in it. Also a 4X4. And one more with a 455 Olds in it. I forgot about that one and these conversions. Just thought of them. I'm very tired from three long days of traveling doing service calls. Am I on to something??? How about some ideas. I know some of you can come up with something interesting or unusual that might work and yet be somewhat efficient.