| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,489 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 | I'm presently rebuilding and restoring the bed on my 46. After I got it all apart I found that the two middle crossmembers were bowed or arched down a bit and was wondering if this is normal for the Art Deco series or is it from carrying loads over the years and has anyone seen this before. I imagine they should be straightened out or the boards won't line up properly and when bolted in there would be a depression in the middle of the box. I'm thinking of using a hydraulic press to straighten them if they need to be. Any info would be appreciated. Bob T | | |
| |
| |