I have radials on it but it still handles bad,every part on the front is probably original but checked good when I redone the truck. I will have to do something about it when I get the o/d trans and modern rear in it,I dont want to be all over the road at 65. If I keep the axle I will definately change the brakes,it still has the original 37 style on it,I have a complete set from a 51-up to put on it if I stay six lugs or will go to 53-4 car If I go to five lug. I am used to mid to late fifties oldsmobiles that will cruise 85 all day and handle good,I think I am expecting this truck to do what it was not designed to do. If I had to do it over again it would be made into a streetrod,I see them going down the highway with no problems. I appriciate any insight on this delema,I have to get another project finished before I tear it down for improvements but would like to have made up my mind on what to do to it before it comes apart> Jeff