| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,423 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#32032 03/23/2002 5:40 AM | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 17 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 17 | If the 292 has a fiber timing gear (stock in lots of 292's to keep them running quieter) I definitely wouldn't want to run it over 2500 RPM for an extended run; I don't think I would run it much above 3000 RPM for a short run if the gear is old because it is so easy to shell it out. I would much rather hear the gear noise of a steel gear than that sickening sound of silence when a fiber gear looses it's teath and the engine quits when the valves and oil pump quit working.
PS. Massey Fergeson used the 292 engine in their 410 combine which ran the engine at a constant 2500 RPM.
Kenneth L. Hollingsworth
| | |
| |
| |