| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,683 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30220 03/18/2004 4:44 PM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | I'm sure it's the torque tube spring clip bearing retainer. The information about the torque tube is spread out in the shop manual. I found the drawing of the torque under Rear Axle and the info about the ball joint adjustment under the 3-Speed Transmission only. I have a 4-speed. I'll get a picture. 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |