| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, 68ironhead, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, joe apple, dt235sd, PAUL Berardi),
125
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,188 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30113 11/17/2003 3:43 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Hey, Cletis! How are things out in Parker County?
Everything is loosy-goosy on the rocker arms so I'm only looking at how much the pushrods stick up when the flywheel ball is at the pointer.
If that's the only info I have and if only #2 exhaust and #3 intake pushrods are fully up (those valves fully open) when all of the other pushrods are down at essentially the same level, I think it means you're at #1 TDC.
I just want to view a panorama of the pushrods while my chin is resting on the right fat fender and tell whether I'm at TDC (flywheel ball IS at the pointer). I believe that if #2 exhaust and #3 intake are up higher than the rest, you are indeed at TDC and not 180 out. Case closed!.?????? 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |