| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Southerntruck, Jon G, GMCJammer51, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, 50Chevy3100),
157
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,185 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30111 11/17/2003 1:29 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | OK, OK. I'm babbling in this thread but I've got it figured out. I mapped out the events in a 4-stroke, 6-cylinder engine with firing order 153624. Sure would have been easier for a 4-stroke, 4-cylinder. I was hoping that someone would know this off the top of their head. I'm focusing on pushrod positions because the engine is being reassembled.
When #1 is at TDC, only #2 exhaust and #3 intake valves are fully open (pushrods up). #4 is in a power stroke, #5 is in compression and #6 is between its exhaust and intake strokes.
If you are 180 deg. out with the flywheel ball also at the pointer, only #4 intake and #5 exhaust valves would be fully open (pushrods up). #1 would be between its exhaust and intake strokes and both pushrods would be down.
Confirmation, anyone? 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |