| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Peggy M),
95
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30110 11/17/2003 12:10 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | I'll be confirming TDC on my rebuilt 261 by checking for compression at #1 spark plug hole. It's now sitting with the bell-housing pointer lined up with the flywheel ball so it is at TDC or 180 deg. off.
But can you also tell if you are at TDC by looking at the full set of push rods (or rockers/valves)? All pushrods are down to the same level except the 4th and 6th ones which are higher in the valve-open position. These are for #2 cylinder exhaust and #3 cylinder intake, respectively. So, do these these facts say I'm sitting TDC or 180 off?
I realize that a compression check is a trusted "experiment" and that what I'm asking for is more like "theory." But I'd still like to know.
Thanks!! 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |