| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,332 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | A friend of mine wants me to buy his 4X4 1968 GMC 3/4 ton because it's rusting to the ground. Because of the rust, I don't trust his frame either, but I'm mainly interested in his 4WD and suspension. So I've thought about it, but decided rather than to put my body on his frame, instead to put his suspension and axles on my frame and make the necessary adjustments.
Any shop that works on rear ends should be able to help you narrow yours. That is a common thing with musclecars so that they can get big meaty rubber under their wheel wells.
If you do end up using your frame, I'd suggest a little strengthening of the frame while you're at it. Couldn't hurt. Maybe cross brace it.
52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup 68 Big Block Vette 68 455 Firebird | | |
| |
| |