I initially misread your username as Willieblojob...Ha ha ha! Sorry.

Anyway, yes, I have given that topic some thought. I know some hotrodders will retrofit a Stovebolt truck with modern suspension components, which involves some significant engineering...but it works.
You'd probably have about as much engineering work to use a more modern frame under an old truck. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Hey, I've seen Corvette bodies stuck on 4X4 truck frames before. It's just a matter of making it work.

I'd make sure anything you do is reversible though, in case you change your mind. Then if you are successful, I'm sure you could sell your original frame and drivetrain to another Stovebolter interested in keeping the originality intact.

I agree, these trucks don't have the nicest ride for cruising. Let us know how it works out.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird