Oh Boy!

The first question is fairly easy: Firewall is body color for all Chevy trucks. Period.

Inner fenders should be "semi-gloss" chassis black.

Engine? 'Sup to you; 261s were green, I beleive. Are you doing the "two-stud valve cover conversion trick" and trying to make it look like the stock 216?
If you're trying to disguise it, then paint it "Stovebolt" gray.
If you're proud to have that 261, then I'd suggest painting it a "correct" 261 color.

Personally, I have two 1954-55 1st series truck that have Black engines (probably re-builds), and I think I'll probably repaint 'em that way... it's not "correct", but the one truck was my Grandad's, and I'm going to keep it the way it looked when G'dad had it. wink

Have fun; it's only paint!


Frank McMullen
1941 Chevy dump truck
1949 GMC 100 pick-up
1954 Chevy 3600 pick-up
1955.1 4400 dump truck
1941 De Soto & other MoPars
1928 Model A F**D Special Coupe