My motor has been rebuilt and only has about 2500 miles on it and the oil is changed twice a year so I hope there is no sludge in it. I had the problem of no oil to the rockers the minute I fired it up for the first time,I might have put the wrong headbolt in the center rocker stand. The valves need adjusting so I will try to fing the bolt with the o stamped in it and replace the one I ground a groove in it. I think when I make a junkyard run I will take a head off one and check the oil passages and head gasket to see if there is anything I did wrong when I assembled my motor. But if a temporary fix is needed,grinding a groove through the threads in the head bolt got oil to the rockers in my motor.