| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#28739 10/27/2004 1:44 AM | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1 | I'm rebuilding a 261. I've got the crankshaft in but it seems like it's too tight. I know the real oil seal is the culprit. I'm afraid that once I get it in the car it won't turn over and I'll be screwed. I read on the valvaline oil site that the crank is supposed to turn "freely". This is what my book says. The sight did say that if one is using a rope type seal it will have "considerable drag". I have the rope type. I'd really like to see my chevy with this new engine so help would be appreciated! | | |
| |
| |