| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Samantha, Forty9, texas46, Rustnut, IHPWR, Bill Hanlon, DadsFirstPickup, 32Fordpuchoptop, 1 invisible),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,236 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#27542 04/15/2005 11:59 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1 | I've never done a carb/intake manifold swap before and was told that I'd have to "jet down" this four barrel Rochester since my engine, the original 283, has a 2 barrel Rochester. Is this true? A member of another forum that I am part of said something about the carb being advanced enought to adjust for the engine it was atop of. Something about the weighted flap on top or something. I've been unsuccessful in getting a reponce from him since. Anyway, is there any truth to that and if not other than trial and error how would I go about getting the correct jets to "jet it down." Also, did these engines ever have a four barrel offered in 1966? Is so could I jet go get those jets? | | |
| |
| |