I am about to get the old girl on the road. I have replaced over 150 parts. After stripping the paint she was painted a traditional green. I've added oak side rails and am pleased with them.The interior has the new original champagne color paint. New floor boards, seat cover, rebuilt instruments,new headboards,door panels,glove box insert and glass. Including new weatherstripping and windlace all around. Mirrors inside and out are new. New hub caps,tires and emblems. New chrome on headlights,park lights and tail lights. New wiring harness. Fuel tank sealed and fuel lines replaced with new glass bowl fuel pump and filter. Replaced the tired old 216 with a rebuilt 1954 235 truck engine. New exhaust. Rebuilt carb.New hoses and belts and oil lines. Engine has been painted gray with the appropriate decals on filters and valve covers. I have aquired a new transmission and rear end but will tackle that later. I just want to drive her again. I lack around 2 hours work before I can though. The last problem I have to beat is the accelorator rod. I need to manufacture one but isnt a big problem. Since I cant post photos, I hope this describes My New Old 53.


1953 Chevy 3100
The Green Truck