This is a follow up to the eariler post on truck ID. As I said before I have a '54 GMC, bed wood is 89", large leaf springs, (7 leafs and 3 "helper" leafs below that). The wheel base is 122", ID plate # has three numbers, a space, two numbers, a space, a "C" then another space, a "Z" then another space, and then four numbers. The engine number is an "E" followed by nine numbers. According to the ID plate it is max gross of 4800. I tryed to attach some pictures but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'd be happey to e-mail the jpgs to anyone that's interested. (or maybe someone can coach me on how to get a picture on a post). Just wondering if anyone can tell me for sure the engine size and if this thing is a 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton or what. Anyone that wants to drop me an e-mail to get the jpgs here's my address. Caninelaw@aol.com Oh, BTW...found a guy about 20 min. drive from my house that had both rear fenders for sale for $50 each, since mine are pertty poor I figured I go look at these and see if they were more salvagable then mine. Turns out they were about as stright as brand new ones and there are only two 1/4 inch bolt holes in one and only one in the other that need to be patched and absolutely NO RUST!...figured they were worth $50 each....
grin Thanks again!

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: 54gmc ]

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: 54gmc ]