| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (fonz8261, 1 invisible),
128
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,317 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#26248 12/15/2002 5:00 PM | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 9 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 9 | I'm looking at putting a 261 in the place of a smoking 228.I made some quick measurements of overall engine length and overall engine mount dimensions.I found that the gmc 228 is considerably longer than the 261 chevy.I'm really not sure how to proceed.If anyone has ever made this swap and could help me out it would be appreciated.If its going to cost me a bunch to adapt the chevy 261 to the gmc frame I might as well just do a ring job on the 228 gmc which is the original engine to this truck.I have a fenton intake exhaust setup that I could put on the 228 to fancy it up a bit.HELP
bob black
| | |
| |
| |